Side Effects May Include… Death
April 17, 2009 1 Comment
We’ve all seen the medicine commercials where the fast talking announcer tries to sneak in all the possible side effects into the shortest possible time, but sometimes the stuff they try to get away with is frightening. For instance, if you watch those commercials for the asthma controller Advair, you may be surprised to learn that it can kill you by causing “asthma related death”.
Over at The Consumerist is a list of some of the craziest drug side effects, including perhaps the most insane list of side effects I’ve ever seen:
* depressed mood, trouble concentrating, sleep problems, crying spells, aggression or agitation, changes in behavior, hallucinations, thoughts of suicide or hurting yourself;
* sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body;
* blurred vision, sudden and severe headache or pain behind your eyes, sometimes with vomiting;
* hearing problems, hearing loss, or ringing in your ears;
* seizure (convulsions);
* severe pain in your upper stomach spreading to your back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate;
* loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
* severe diarrhea, rectal bleeding, black, bloody, or tarry stools;
* fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms, purple spots under your skin, easy bruising or bleeding; or
* joint stiffness, bone pain or fracture.
So what does this bone breaking, hallucination causing, rectal bleeding, hearing loss causing, potentially suicidal drug treatment cure? What could possibly be worth all that? A cure for cancer, strokes, AIDS maybe?
Acne. It’s for really bad acne. And watch out because according to the FDA, this one also kills babies.