My Favorite Movies Of The Decade
January 7, 2010 3 Comments
I don’t feel like I know enough about film yet to give a long explanation about why I liked each of these movies so much, so I’ll keep this list short. My top movies of the past decade.
10. American Psycho: Dark and thought-provoking (and hilarious).
9. The Dark Knight: Managed to live up to the massive hype and gave us a fantastic portrayl of the Joker, while giving us a smart, entertaining blockbuster. Some fantastic cinematography too.
8. The Pixar Three: Ratatouille, Wall E, and Up: I would also put The Incredibles up here because at the time it was my favorite Pixar movie. Somehow, they just kept making my new favorite Pixar movie.
7. Collateral: Could it be said this ushered in the era of digital film making? Also, Tom Cruise can act!
6. Gangs of New York: Love the era and love Daniel Day-Lewis’ as Bill the Butcher. Why can’t we all still dress like in that picture?
5. City of God: Made me legitimately interested in foreign film.
4. Man on Wire: Their’s an energy you feel from watching this film and this man. And he cross the two buildings that quite literally define this decade, right?
3. Children of Men: For me, the definitive science fiction movie of the decade. And those tracking shots are incredible.
2. There Will Be Blood: Pretty much a movie all about Bill the Butcher. Also, amazing cinematography and music.
1. No Country for Old Men: Since this movie was so underrated, I’ll be you didn’t see it coming?
Honorable Mentions: Moon, Funny Games, Munich, The Departed, A History of Violence, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and Old Boy